ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL SERVICES
JULY 2019 – PRESENT
- Serves as project manager for all digital products and services.
- Manages web organization strategy, structural design, taxonomies, metadata, and scheduling using analytics reports and translating user behavior into site structure.
- Manages visual standards in line with current graphic and branding guidelines for the University’s websites and other digital mediums.
- Administers web content management systems. Codes HTML, CSS, PHP as necessary and/or works within the web CMS.
- Speaks and presents both internally and externally to promote website.
- Supervises Digital Services Specialist and multiple student workers.
- Manages Search Engine Optimization Efforts using third-party BrightEdge platform.
- Manages Web Accessibility Efforts to ensure the University’s digital properties meet or exceed Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
- Fields calls, emails, and help desk tickets from constituents from all areas of the University that need assistance updating their websites and associated digital marketing materials.
DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
NOVEMBER 2016 – JULY 2019
- Worked as part of a team on the implementation of a major CMS upgrade of newhaven.edu, including working with an outside vendor on design, content layout, functionality, and total structure redesign. Created an interim website using HTML/CSS/PHP while the CMS was in production.
- Managed newhaven.edu by working with a small team to create landing pages, redesign and edit existing pages, proofread, edit and lay out images and establish page hierarchy and organization.
- Maintained the external university calendar by creating new event pages and posting to multiple feeds for Enrollment, Alumni Association and other university groups.
- Created and managed online registration and contact forms for multiple university departments, including Enrollment.
- Trained and managed other website content editors, such as Graduate Assistants.
JULY 2015 – NOVEMBER 2016
Point person on the implementation of a major CMS upgrade of the St. Vincent’s Medical Center website, stvincents.org. This included the design and organization of sitemaps, wireframes, templates, and user testing. Was responsible for managing stvincents.org by creating landing pages, redesigning and editing existing pages, proofreading, editing and laying out images and establishing page hierarchy and organization. Produced content for multiple social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Community Manager for all social media and forms. Was responsible for the design and management of digital and print advertising campaigns including the St. Vincent’s Medical Center Foundation events.
NOVEMBER 2012 – JULY 2015
Was responsible for the design and management of all digital and print advertising and promotions for a medical device company. Designed and maintained multiple websites by working with templates, typography, sizing art and laying out galleries. Managed multiple e-commerce accounts, including associatedmedical.com, eBay and Amazon. Maintained multiple social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.